You or any authorized signer on your account may order us to stop payment on a check that you write or on a draft written by a third party on your account. Unless otherwise provided, this Agreement only provides for stopping payment of items such as checks and drafts. Rules for stopping payment of other types of transfers of funds, such as consumer electronic fund transfer, may be established by law or our policy. If we have not disclosed these rules to you elsewhere, you may ask us about those rules.
- The Bank must receive the Stop Payment in time to give us a reasonable opportunity to act on it, and before our Stop Payment cutoff time, if any. (minimum 24 hours)
- Please wait until you verify with the bank the next business day before reissuing a replacement check. Call the Bank or check online on the next business day and verify that the check did not clear before the Stop Payment was issued. If you have any questions or concerns call 770-932-1900 and ask for Stop Payment Customer Service.
- The Bank uses a computer system to check for Stop Payments. If you do not give the bank the exact amount of the check and/or the exact check number, the bank will not identify the proper check and the check will not be stopped.
- You and the Bank will abide by the rules and regulations (as established by the Uniform Commercial Code or other laws) governing Stop Payment Orders.
- Stop Payment Orders are effective for 6 months after the date accepted and will automatically expire after that period unless renewed in writing.
- You will be assessed a Stop Payment fee of $30.00 for each Stop Payment request. This fee will be assessed automatically to your account the same day you enter your Stop Payment request.